Monday, September 1, 2008

Summer's End

Tomorrow is the first day of school for every student and teacher I know. Am I sad that I do not have my own classroom to go to tomorrow?... Not really. I've realized that teaching is something I enjoy, but I can not imagine going back full time right now. I know if I had classes of my own, I would be ready, but I truly am thankful for the break. As I've thought about it... I've realized many of my friends took 'breaks' in one form or another after college. This is the first real break I've ever had, so I don't really know how to deal with it. I should take advantage of this time... this time to do nothing, or whatever I want. I have no deadlines. I know that my schedule will fill up soon enough. So, I need to make the most of this time that I've been given.

While visiting with a friend, Kara, this weekend, she used some words that hit the nail on the head when it comes to this 'new' life. I have no clue how "to just be." I've always had a visible, and very measurable goal to work for or a supervisor to answer to, now I just have me and the plan that God had which I am supposed to figure out, I guess. Most importantly, this time I've been given is a time to reassess my life to this point and make some goals for myself.

Time... so hard to come by, I better not waste it.

No comments: