Friday, September 26, 2008

SMSU Homecoming

I think this weekend was the closure I needed. The last month has been rough for me... I suddenly found myself terribly missing my former life. Now that I am back in the mix, even is only for a little while, I've realized that I can't go back and I don't want to. My friend Beth, who also graduated last year, keeps telling everyone she is teaching me about college life this weekend. Somewhere between the classes, meetings, social gatherings, and trying to be a good influence, I missed the college student "culture." I can not handle it, aside from the small doses on visits to see my friends. I am actually, for the first time, somewhat glad I am where I am.

I usually dread the catch-up conversation, exchanging the "How are you"s and "What's new"s is awful, the more I tell people about what I am doing now, subbing, and knitting socks mostly, the easier is becomes. I also am coming to terms with my life and realizing I am blessed and I can do whatever I want. Now, if only I could figure out what that is...

As for the weekend... I am here with many of my friends. I sat at the lunch table for at least two and a half hours. It was glorious. I saw so many people and had some great conversations. It is definitely more action and entertainment than I am used to... a welcome change.

The rest of the weekend is sure to be a hit! SMSU Rocks! (That's the homecoming theme)

No comments: