Saturday, March 13, 2010

Commonality?

I am not an animal fan. I am not mean to them, but you could say I don't appreciate all that they have to offer.

My family has a dog. This dog isn't all bad. He is well trained: he stays away from me and knows not to cross the carpet line into my bedroom. I do get a kick out of him sometimes and have even petted him once or twice (we've had him for 3 years). I constantly remind him that we are not friends and he tends to get in my way a lot. Plus, his hair covers everything. I try not to look at the bottom of my feet when I wear black or brown socks.

What shocks me about this dog is how much he and I seem to have in common. He likes to lay around in odd positions on the floor, he loves pepperoni, and we have similar taste in craft items. Today, my sister was vacuuming around his area his bed and toys lay between a couch and loveseat that are back to back)( and found an object. She asked me if I was missing anything... when I looked at what she had, I was stunned. Toby (the dog) took my corner rounder. This object has no real use in the world other than to round the corners of pieces of paper. I love rounding corners, but the dog can't even use the thing. Last weekend, he took one of my favorite rubber stamps. Somehow, he got the rubber off the wood. The rubber was in perfect condition, the wood had some teeth marks. Perhaps he looks up to me and wants to be like me, or maybe he just likes to toy with my mind.

There seems to be very little logic behind his item choices. Shortly after we got him he chewed on a crochet hook, and tried to eat my favorite highlighter. The highlighter was a loss; I've used the crochet hook since. Then, this winter, he began playing with a ball of yarn.

I'm beginning to wonder if he's trying to get on my good side or just wants to be a crafter.

1 comment:

Mary said...

You make me laugh! :)

~Mary