Friday, August 22, 2008

Embarking...

This whole blog thing is fascinating. I tell myself, pretty often, that I need to start journaling. Of course, every time I start, it lasts for about as long as it takes me to write one entry. So... in hopes to learn more about myself and keep some record of my life I am going to blog. I wrote one entry a long time ago, another failed attempt at journaling, but it was cheesy and ridiculous: I'm starting over.

I must be growing up. We see lists of humorous signs of growing up and things like that... but I know for a fact I am. I used to think all those things older people did, specifically my aunt Mary, were just quirks of their individuality. I know now they couldn't help it. I could have slept until noon today if I wanted to... I was awake with no hope of falling asleep again at 8am. The first thing I did... I washed the dishes. Who washes dishes on her day off?! Then I cleaned the bathroom. These are things that efficient, non procrastinating adults do, not things that I do. It is 5:30pm and I still haven't watched television and I've been home most of the day. The quiet is kind of nice. I'm only 23 and I see far too many signs of adultness in myself. What's next? Caffeine keeping me awake at night and giving me crazy weird dreams... oh wait, it already does.

My sister is reading a book. This may not sound like much, but she is 19 and I don't think I seen her reading more than one or two novel length books in her whole life. I have decided to use her as a test subject or experiment. I am trained as a High School English teacher, therefore I face an endless abyss of students not wanting to read. Maybe this turning point with my sister can help me to help my students. Or, maybe it's just one of those adult things...

No comments: