Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Degree?

24-hours ago, I started having what I believe was an anxiety attack. This has never happened to me before. I typically deal with stress very well... though some mental trepidation and banter occurs, outwardly I am the picture of calm, cool and collected. Today, my life was a different story. I felt clammy, my stomach was in knots, and I couldn't get calm. Suddenly all the mistakes I've made and all potential future hardships popped in and flooded my emotional recovery mechanisms. I had a long conversation with an old, dear friend and I think she helped me confirm and work through my main issue... I don't have a job. I am fine with that... the break is a good thing. I don't 'need' the money, and I have more important matters to attend to, assisting and aging parent in caring for a disabled parent. But, deep down, I'm feeling some guilt about not using my college degree. Though I wouldn't trade my college experience for anything, I don't know that I really want to be a teacher. I am sort of lost and I don't know what to do about it. I feel like I should be doing what I went to school for and if I don't, I may just be afraid of what people will or do think of me. Most importantly I'm afraid that I have lost track of God's plan. I know he has one for me... the challenge comes in knowing if I am following it.
Only time will tell.

No comments: