Monday, May 30, 2011

Here it is... the long awaited continuation of the blog.

My feeling of having nothing to say keeps me from writing. I look at the link and go I should really post something and quickly follow with I have nothing interesting to write about.

Today is no different, but I simply cannot put it off any longer.

Summer is here, perhaps not according to the calendar, but every kid who's done with school, that goes for substitute teachers too, knows that summer is in full swing.

The "summer" mode was especially apparent when I rolled out of bed, looked at the clock and it said 10:35. I kind of hate that I do this to myself. I feel like I should train myself to be productive, get up early, not waste precious daylight. But, alas, I am a naturally born night owl. And when one stays at a friend's bonfire until 1am, how could she possibly be expected to rise at a decent hour?

Summer not only brings a new sleep schedule, but a whole list of "to-dos." My lists, written on paper and somewhere in brain brain just behind my forehead, grow everyday. At the top--"get organized." I am finally at a place where getting rid of things, even if they may be useful, or I may want to make something out of them, or they might fit again, is okay. I need to decrease my quantity and focus more on quality. That's one of the few reasons I have been dreading summer. It's a daunting task!

I do look forward to warm weather, reading, hanging out with my friends at play rehearsal, and spending more time with all the people I seem to be too busy for otherwise. Efforts need to be made, and laziness must be overcome. How's that for a summer goal?

No comments: