Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Praying for Power

Days like today make me thankful and make me wonder. I wonder if I could live without electricity... I'm sure I could, but I know I don't want to. Because of today's weather, rainy-wet-extremely windy!, many people are without power. My sister and I went shopping tonight only to find that one of the main stores I wanted to visit was closed due to a power outage. I just heard on the news that many homes are without power, and I just found out when I came home that I uncle and his family are without power, which wouldn't be a huge deal except that he is a dairy farmer and has been unable to do the evening milking without power to run the milker pump. This basic everyday necessity was unheard of 150 years ago, and now we are completely dependant.

Not only are we dependant on power, but we seem to have problems when our cell phones die, or our internet doesn't work.
This day and it's obstacles help to put things in perspective and remind us of just how great we've got it. I have to thank God for those little reminders.

Speaking of thanking God... I just found out tonight that Garth Brooks' song "Unanswered Prayers" is being made into a Lifetime movie. I am so excited. I've always loved the message of that song, and of course I like a good Lifetime movie.

Back to God and life's good things... we have so much technology, so many resources and so much potential right at our fingertips. I hope we all use it. I know I need to be better at taking full advantage of all of the opportunities I'm given, as well as the skills and abilities I have. If I put it all together I know I am capable of accomplishing much.

Now the only problem is--what is it that I want to accomplish?

No comments: